Data Analyst, Financial Crimes
- San Francisco, CA
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products like Cash App and our Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we’re meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations. We empower Accounting, Finance, Product, Analytics, and a Payments teams by delivering accurate data that is crucial to Square’s financials and provides early warning indicators for many product systems at Square.
As a data analyst on the Financial Crimes team, you will work with our users and engineering to design, build, and test financial crimes pipelines; build Looker dashboards that support finance, compliance, reconciliation, and product teams; and develop data pipelines to support early detection and alerting of anomalies.
- Work with non-technical partners and product teams to understand their needs and come up with an automated end-to-end solution.
- Translate our requirements into applicable data requirements.
- Design, curate, and document ETL pipelines to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting.
- Bridge the gap between our requirements and ETL logic by troubleshooting data discrepancies and implementing scalable solutions.
- Become an expert on Square’s reporting platforms for development and visualization.
- Maintain security and data access models within Square’s reporting platforms.
- Identify ways to improve existing reports and processes.
- Teach and encourage others to self-serve while building reports that make it simpler and faster for them to do so.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience building reporting infrastructure and dashboards.
- Ability to understand non-technical business customers’ needs and translate them into automated reporting
- Substantial attention to detail and a tenacious dedication to quality.
- Experience managing ETL pipelines.
- Familiarity with schema design, query optimization, and data pipeline maintenance.
- Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL or similar data handling experience.
- Familiarity with Looker, Airflow, Python, Tableau, or Git
- Experience with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes, especially AML transaction monitoring typologies and rules
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources