Global Product Marketing Lead, Payments Products
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Payments Product team manages Square's flagship payments product. Our customers love us because we made it possible for any seller to take a credit card payment quickly and easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product drives awareness of the Square brand, it is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and our business' strong economics help fuel the broader Square ecosystem. We are stewards of Square's largest and most mature product, and while we have already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square, new businesses form every day. These sellers have evolving needs and expectations, and it is our job to understand who they are and how we can best help them. We do this through partnership with many other teams including those who build the hardware, maintain Square's payments infrastructure, and protect our sellers from fraud.
The Payments Product PMM team drives global growth in payments processing volume. We do this by identifying which customer segments we can serve, understanding these sellers' needs, and using those insights to directly improve our product strategy and roadmap. We determine product positioning and messaging, develop full-funnel growth strategies, and build acquisition campaigns to grow our business. We collaborate with multiple teams to ensure we build the right products and reach the right customers, with the right messages, through the right channels, at the right time.
We are looking for a Global PMM Lead to set the team's vision, build the team (including international expansion) and guide execution. This is a leadership position and you will report directly to the General Manager of Payments Products, alongside peers who lead our Engineering, Product, Design and Analytics teams.
- Oversee the global growth of our Terminal Payment product, with responsibility for delivering on business metrics and revenue growth across each market.
- Determine the product growth and positioning strategy, and develop frameworks to guide the strategic positioning for our product in our markets.
- Embody the voice of our customers, and translate their needs into opportunities for product strategy.
- Manage a global PMM team, with responsibility to drive growth in 5 existing markets (US, CA, UK, AU and JP), and develop our strategy to enter new markets.
- Develop and execute annual and quarterly plans that promote growth across the customer lifecycle, and ensure tactics are high-impact, high-quality and produce meaningful results or learning.
- Build relationships throughout the company to help unify our narrative, amplify our strategy, and build more collaborative and efficient work processes.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in product marketing, growth, or related roles
- Product Marketing leadership experience, overseeing Product Marketing for a business unit with responsibility to accomplish business metrics and revenue growth.
- Excellent management skills, with a proven ability to excite and lead a product marketing team, develop people, and link performance to overall goals.
- International market experience, with experience leading product growth in one or more international markets and managing geographically distributed teams.
- A strategic mindset and an ability to identify and assess new opportunities for business growth, partner to define product strategy, and weigh the complexities and tradeoffs inherent in marketing a global portfolio of products.
- Competence in marketing fundamentals including customer insight development (both quantitative and qualitative), pricing analysis and recommendations, and building go-to-market campaigns.
- Previous background in marketing to small business audiences, preferably with experience in fintech, early stage startups, and/or consumer technologies.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed.
- A BA/BS degree is required; MBA preferred.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources