Head of Product Management, Go-to-Market Automation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Automation organization is responsible for enabling and measuring the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. We use Engineering, Data Science/Analytics, and Machine Learning/AI to do five core jobs for our customers and our internal partners: Unify the customer journey through data and messaging; Automate channels for connecting with prospects and customers; Personalize creative, platforms and products; Measure across the customer life-cycle; and Enable innovation and product development at a low cost. Making sustained progress on these core jobs allows us to significantly enhance Square’s Go-to-Market strategy and help the company to grow and gain competitive advantage. At the same time, the progress on these core jobs enables Square to consistently improve customer experiences and make them relevant for their needs and economic empowerment.
As the Head of Product Management for Automation organization, you will guide important Engineering, Machine Learning and Data Science projects from creation through execution. The initiatives will include (but not limited to) building a customer data platform, intelligent communication platform and MarTech platform; automated audience generation and segmentation; personalization of platforms, creative and products; full funnel analytics; identity resolution; multi-touch attribution; measurement framework and customer value models; intelligent automation of manual channels; optimization of scalable channels; and many more! You will lead a team of accomplished product management and technical program management professionals to build remarkable products to advance Square’s Go-to-Market strategy and pave the way for building innovative data products for Square’s customers. If you are looking for the rare opportunity to make a significant impact on Square and our customers, join us in this compelling and rewarding role.
- Oversee the product vision, strategy and roadmaps for a portfolio of Go-to-Market Automation platforms and solutions. Initiate new solutions or strategic shifts that have a significant impact on Square's success.
- Manage a team of PMs and Technical PMs and make principled hiring decisions which result in an effective team.
- Work through organizational complexity to understand competing goals, work through tradeoffs and ensure agreement.
- Determine the planning process for the organization and improve it in a meaningful way.
- Identify resolutions for complex, unowned issues that cross company lines. Seek partners with divergent perspectives to help make high-quality, lasting decisions.
- Anticipate non-obvious risks and resolve highly complex issues.
- Gain agreement from executives and other senior team members across the company with compelling articulation of strategy, vision, challenges and investment asks.
- A Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of relevant experience in Product Management with at least 2 years of experience as a Lead of Product Management with people management responsibilities
- 5+ Years of experience building products for Marketing automation
- Deep knowledge of Go-To-Market Automation, MarTech, AdTech and related capabilities and technologies
- Understanding of industry trends in digital marketing and increased data regulation and privacy laws
- Understanding of Engineering and Data Science principles and processes
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources