F&S Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives
- Denver, CO
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
This position can sit in any Square's office locations and is eligible for full-time work from home/remote.
Finance & Strategy improves strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. Our team's core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Our partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems across the company. At Square we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll trust you to work with colleagues to form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, who will report to our Finance and Strategy Lead, and will work as a member of Square's Finance & Strategy team, helping lead efforts to support our corporate strategy. You will play an important part in Square's success by working directly with Square's business and finance leaders, driving financial planning and business forecasting, and developing strategic analysis around important plans.
- Manage long-term strategic resource allocation and investment into existing and developing teams.
- In partnership with our Treasury team, guide capital markets activities and analyses to support Square's balance sheet and cash position.
- Support strategic decisions and ad hoc analyses related to M&A activities, real estate, tax, corporate entity structure, amongst others.
- Partner across departments and teams to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to important partners including Square's board, management team and Investor Relations team.
- Hire and manage a team.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. investment banking, private equity, investments, strategic finance, corporate finance)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with banking/capital markets/specialty finance, B2B technology products, or the payments industry is a plus
- Experience with SQL and Hyperion is a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources