Security Software Engineering Manager, Identity and Access Management
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a Security Software Engineering Manager to join the Identity and Access management team. Our mission is to provide a platform for auditable access control that supports engineers and services wherever they may be - in the cloud, in our data centers, or in a hybrid model across the two, using the zero trust security model. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for developing the individuals on the team and the roadmap for Square’s access platform.
- Guide long-term thinking and innovation in the identity and access management space
- Partner with teams across security, platform engineering, IT, and Data Security Governance to develop the strategy and plan the roadmap for the team.
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
- Design, develop, and own zero trust authentication and authorization platforms for Square's evolving corporate and production landscapes.
- Contribute to the monitoring and stability of our team’s existing engineering solutions
- Work in any Square office location, or work remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have experience leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity
- Are able to build strong relationships with counterparts including other engineering managers, product managers, and security partners
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Have experience with the zero trust security model
Technologies we use and teach:
- Linux/ Unix Security
- Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources