Finance Product & Data Lead
- San Francisco, CA
As the Finance Product & Data Lead, you will play an important role as the technical/domain expert who owns the vision, strategy, and road map for the finance and strategy product, and data analytics. You will work with business partners to understand requirements and work with Engineering to finalize the road map.
You will be on putting efficiency, completeness, accuracy and first. You will anticipate needs before they arise, and can go beyond standard methods to predict the future opportunities through data-driven decisions and science-motivated forecasting. Using insights and data to influence product strategy and investment, you will help scale products, and organize product launches and create repeatable processes.
You will guide understanding across the Product Management, Engineering, Finance & Ops functions to provide solutions. Gathering customer insights and feedback, you will infuse this learning back into the organization and product area road map, ensuring product launches and unique features. In this capacity, you will be a trusted advisor for large and strategic goals, building, nurturing and maintaining multi-level relationships. From a leadership perspective, in this position you will lead a team of Product Managers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists to develop compelling value propositions.
- Provide and lead the long-term strategy for platforms and champion the business case for investment
- Determine the platform/product requirements for achieving goals and to provide within timelines and budget
- Decide and lead the product launch and growth plan (The 4 P's) to build a sustainable pipeline for value
- Identify, analyze, and articulate insights, customer needs, preferences, and value proposition that inspires delivery of services.
- Manage product life cycle from requirements through development, commercialization, product iterations and obsolescence planning
- Build close relationships with team members across the company for collaborative opportunities, and predictive finance
- Lead definition and delivery of financial performance commitments, annually and long term
- Champion the case for new application and platform enhancement investments
- Provide valuable insight to the product generation process and ensure successful preparation of products for launch
- Partner with development to lead a yearly strategic planning team for the portfolio road map.
- Partner with team members to nurture trust in the Business technology organization.
- Bachelor or degree in technology discipline.
- 10+ years' experience in product management roles in high-growth Tech companies.
- Experience defining and delivering strategy and growth of complex platforms with high capital value.
- Experience working with industry and academic leaders around the world.
- Exposure to working in an environment with changing priorities with a focus to deliver results.
- Have experience working with members of business, product and engineering groups and departments at all levels.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources