Head of IT Logistics
- San Francisco, CA
As the Head of IT Logistics, you will help envision the future of Square's internal IT procurement, asset management and supply chain functions. You will partner with different team members to assess our needs, financials and the technology vendor market to determine the best options and sources of supply for the IT organization. You will partner with senior leadership within the Business Technology, Finance, Legal and Square's larger indirect procurement organization to balance cost, risk and speed, and ensure that the business can work towards its goals.
- Determine technology sourcing strategies for IT products, services, and digital platforms in consideration of our goals and priorities.
- Work with the business and several partners such as Legal, People Ops, and Finance to design and implement a new hire-to-retire process from an IT logistics perspective (annual forecasting, budgeting, proactive ordering, and license management).
- Look for areas where automation can provide a better user experience and reduce manual workflows and related errors.
- Partner with Square's indirect procurement team to run strategic price negotiations with suppliers to ensure regulatory compliance and favorable contract terms.
- Create programs that review our hardware/software/services spend on an ongoing basis and ensure that Square is getting the best possible deal.
- Create a vendor service management practice that uses tools such such as vendor scorecards, service reviews, and QBRs to understand and improve vendor relationships.
- Develop a global supply chain network to ensure that we can reliably procure and ship IT equipment to Squares wherever they work in the world.
- Develop a high-performant IT logistics team. Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on staff performance.
- Stay informed about industry trends that have an impact on IT strategy.
- 12+ years of relevant experience leading an IT Logistics, Procurement or Supply Chain organization.
- 6+ years of people leadership experience.
- Experience collaborating with technical and non technical team members.
- Experience with influencing strategy decisions resulting in a win-win for both suppliers and the business.
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and applicable tasks.
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources