Compliance Policy Manager, Square Financial Services
- Holladay, UT
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
About Square Financial Services
From day one, we've aimed to create economic empowerment for all businesses. We're now taking the next step by creating banking specifically for small businesses. Our bank is expected to launch in 2021, offering small business loans and deposit products. You’ll be on the forefront of creating a bank that allows for all businesses to thrive. We can’t wait to see your ideas come to life.
We are looking for a Compliance Policy Manager who will manage the drafting and maintaining of compliance policies and procedures that support Square Financial Services. You will be responsible for the Bank's Policy Management System and work with Compliance, Legal, and business units to ensure that compliance policies and procedures comply with applicable laws, regulatory, and business requirements. Additionally, you will oversee policy requests related to independent program assessments, exams, and audits. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Develop and implement a bank policy management framework
- Manage all bank compliance policies for laws and implementing regulations such as CRA, ECOA, EFTA, FACTA, FCRA, GLBA, SCRA, TILA, and TISA.
- Stay current on regulatory and product changes and maintain policies and procedures to ensure all applicable legal, regulatory, and business requirements are addressed.
- Manage the Bank's Policy Management System, including serving as an expert for the system and performing any user acceptance testing relating to system upgrades or enhancements.
- Research relevant laws and regulations to provide regulatory guidance and interpretation.
- Communicate complex legal and regulatory concepts in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Assist the Compliance team in preparing for program assessments, audits, or exams and the implementation of any remediation items.
- Leverage project management to iterate and implement the Compliance team's policy and procedure program.
- Ensure all policies are aligned with the appropriate approving body and scheduled for ongoing submission to review and approval by the Bank's Board or appropriate committee.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in compliance policy management and administration in one of the following areas: commercial banking, consumer protection laws, or commercial/consumer lending
- Familiarity with compliance management concepts (e.g., COSO, 3 Lines of Defense)
- Experience developing and implementing new policies, strategies, and work processes across multiple operational units and business affiliates
- Ability to understand and communicate legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical business requirements
- Excellent oral and technical writing skills
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources