Product Marketing Manager, Square Developer Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We believe everyone should be able to participate and succeed in the economy. So we're building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, and helping the ice cream shop pay its employees. And, with Square Developer Platform we are allowing external developers to build solutions on top of Square so that we can serve the needs of every seller. Whether they are a small shop or a large retailers, we can help them run their business. At the same time, we can provide developers with tools they need to quickly turn their ideas into reality and be a part of the success of our developers and sellers.
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels, at the right time, and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products and to drive growth and usage of the products within the portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have a understanding of the developer space, product strategy, branding, and marketing (paid and unpaid), and have experience with cross-functional coordination.
- Identify and segment target developers, their pain points and needs through research, and solutions to meet those needs
- Develop use cases for new products to inform overall marketing strategy
- Work with product managers, engineers, and the entire developer platform team to develop new products and enhance existing products, ensuring that the of our developers is always represented
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns throughout the developer journey
- Drive the go-to-market plan and post-launch marketing programs with marketing channel managers, account managers, and sales
- Work with copy and design teams to develop marketing creatives
- Track campaign performance and optimize through continuous testing
- Review competitor products and marketing, and promote ongoing differentiation
- Ensure all marketing materials undergo appropriate legal and compliance review
- Support cross-functional marketing team plans
- A BA/BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5+ years working in a product marketing capacity - ie partner with product management and engineering to represent market requirements, and with channel managers to support product launches and ongoing campaign optimization. Alternatively, 3+ years experience working in product management for a marketing-related product.
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing, with exposure to developer marketing and developer communities.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources