Finance & Strategy Manager - Global Marketing & Brand
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Global Marketing & Brand team's purpose is to shape and grow our brand, promote greater awareness of our ecosystem of products, and convert prospective merchants to Square customers. The team uses a broad portfolio of marketing investments to acquire merchants, ranging from high reaching channels such as TV advertising to highly targeted channels such as social media. The marketing team uses machine learning models and complex attribution methods to increase both the efficiency and effectiveness of our investments.
Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of Square's business. We gain this by using tools like Excel, SQL, and Looker to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer questions with data-driven insights, and communicate recommendations.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager, reporting to our Global Marketing Finance Lead, who will partner with leads across Marketing and Data Science to inform how we invest to acquire merchants. The responsibilities include identifying indicators to evaluate performance , creating frameworks for evaluating investments, analyzing our acquisition trends and discerning opportunities, and mapping the competitive landscape to better inform growth.
- Apply expertise of Square's business model to 1) create analyses that encourage clear decision-making, 2) forecast performance, including all trends, 3) surface strategic insights for partners, and 4) help inform Square's investment capacity
- Report results and communicate essential takeaways to senior team members, including identifying opportunities or risks
- Analyze data from SQL databases and collaborate across Marketing, Data Science, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand complex relationships between key drivers of our business.
- Lead strategic, high visibility projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another relevant field
- 4+ years of experience focused on financial modeling 2+ years Marketing Finance experience
- Advanced proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions) (there will be a case study)
- Engage with team members of all levels
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large data sets and creating data visualizations
- Experience with software, internet, payments or financial technology industry
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources