Engineering Manager (Investing), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As an Engineering Manager on the Cash App Investing team, you will use your seasoned technical knowledge and exceptional soft skills to:
- Lead engineers on the team through coaching, mentorship, and advocacy
- Support team structures, both functional and product
- Support multiple stakeholders including product, brokerage operations, compliance, legal, accounting, treasury, support, and other engineering teams
- Facilitate cross functional aspects of operating the Investing workstream
- Provide and improve visibility into the engineering team to the rest of the organization
- Invest in long term opportunities and risks
- Help manage vendor relationships by setting expectations and influencing roadmaps
- Stand in for engineers as necessary for meetings, exploration and communication of technical issues and oncall
The Investing team’s structure is purposefully flat and designed to foster ownership, autonomy, communication, and alignment for engineers of all levels. While skilled at technical leadership, in this role you are primarily a facilitator and will delegate as much as possible.
Securities trading has serious regulatory oversight and SLA requirements. Given these operational risks accuracy, professionalism, reliability, and integrity are crucial. Fingerprinting and background checks are required.
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise on previous projects
- Have a successful track record of mentoring and growing teams
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.