Mergers and Aquisitions Tax Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for a M&A Tax manager to join its growing tax team. You will report to our Tax Consulting/M&A Tax Lead and will help manage Square's global M&A, Investments, Post-Closing Integration/Compliance activities.
- Be part of a team that works with partners and members of the tax department to assist tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, investments, and post-closing integration.
- Help with tax aspects of M&A/structuring activity including collaboration with outside advisors, several company partners, and other members of the tax team.
- Work with tax compliance personnel to assure transaction tax planning, M&A integration, and other tax technical matters are addressed in the various prepared tax returns and documented.
- Perform quantitative analysis (e.g. section 382/383 analysis, stock basis computation, other transaction related computations) and modeling for special tax projects.
- Research and document complex tax issues to provide technical advice to company partners (e.g. HR, Treasury, Legal, Corporate Development, Accounting)
- Create technical tax memoranda documenting the Company's tax filing positions and tax planning strategies.
- Help with other special/technical tax projects as needed, including non-M&A related matters.
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience in M&A tax including complex federal income tax planning and tax research experience at a Big Four accounting firm, law firm or a large multinational corporate environment;
- Strong knowledge of US federal income tax (e.g. subchapter C and consolidated return regulations);
- Excellent tax research skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort.
- Fundamental working knowledge of all or essentially all non-income based federal, state and local, US international, and foreign tax regimes.
- Experience with taxation of financial products and tax information reporting.
- CPA/MS Taxation or JD/LLM in Tax preferred.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources