Machine Learning Manager (Network), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 30 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We're looking for a Manager to join our Network Machine Learning team and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked and directly transform people's relationship with their money. The Network ML team at Cash uses our large and unique datasets to model, understand, and predict customer behavior to help design and improve our core peer-to-peer product features. You'll report directly to the Head of Data Science and Machine Learning and you will partner with our Network Product team to create projects and provide value to our customers through the use of applied machine learning.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a team (currently a team of 1, with future growth planned)
- Collaborate directly with members of your team, provide coaching that ensures their success, provide hands-on technical guidance and direction
- Work on and lead multiple ML projects such as customer search, recommendations, link prediction, network virality, and more
- Partner and collaborate closely with Cash App's product and business leaders as well as work with Product, Platform, and Data Engineering teams to prioritize efforts that will bring your team's work to life
- Identify new opportunities, develop prototypes and advocate for staffing needs
- Highlight your team's work with senior leadership and the executive team and help shape Cash App's ML and Network product strategies
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in ML and foster a culture of learning across the team
- 5+ years of software engineering, machine learning/data science experience including hands-on management
- Deep knowledge of and experience with a range of machine learning algorithms/techniques and expertise in applying machine learning in a production setting
- Software engineering fundamentals and the ability to write production code when needed
- Well-developed statistical and mathematical skills and experience with concepts such as causality, selection bias, incrementality, hypothesis testing and more
- Experience working effectively with a Product team
- A passion for delivering on Cash App's vision of economic empowerment
Technologies we use and teach:
- Python (and its data analysis and machine learning libraries/frameworks)
- Java or Scala
- SQL (Snowflake), Airflow and Tableau
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.