Compliance Governance Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
You will support Square's Compliance Policy, Reporting, and Training function, which is part of the Compliance Governance team. This team provides comprehensive management of compliance policy, board and management reporting, and compliance training for the company across all markets. You will design and maintain a board and management reporting program. You will support Square's compliance vision by working together with other compliance and counsel personnel to guide the compliance reporting program forward.
- Manage the board and management reporting program by identifying opportunities for improving reporting effectiveness.
- Oversee the ongoing reporting program for compliance inputs to domestic and international boards of directors and for Compliance management.
- Extract meaningful insights from large amounts of data and present them in a digestible format.
- Analyze and present complex compliance risk topics tailored to audiences such as boards of directors, executives, and senior managers. Access and manage reporting libraries, and implement excellent record keeping practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
- Help identify compliance risk issues and provide input to the design of policies, programs, procedures, and other controls.
- Support the Compliance Governance group in special projects.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in financial services compliance risk management in an analyst or specialist role with responsibilities for board and management reporting
- Experience with data analytics and visualization platforms such (e.g. Snowflake, Tableau, Looker, or SQL)
- Knowledge of at least one of the following subject matter areas: BSA/AML/sanctions, consumer loans, or payments
- Contribute to the development of new compliance policies, strategies, or work processes
- Experience in executive and board level written communication
- Foster credibility with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent programs
- Experience managing competing projects
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, FINRA, or CFE)
- Knowledge in more than one of the subject matter areas listed above
- Experience with GRC tools (RSA Archer, SAI Global, ZenGRC)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources