Manager, Account Management
- Melbourne, Australia
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline their business. Square’s powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in innovation, rated in the top 10 of Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
Square's global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to further grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions. We are looking for a people manager based in Australia to lead our growing Account Management team across Australia and Japan. You will report to the Global Head of Account Management in New York, and can be based anywhere on the East Coast of Australia and work from home, with occasional travel to the Square Melbourne office.
A people manager with sales experience (specifically up-selling and cross-selling existing customers), you will build a successful APAC Account Management team that generates success for our sellers and Square. You will partner with local and global Square leadership and operational teams to co-develop processes, tools, systems, and metrics to ensure excellence in account management at scale in Australia and Japan. You will also manage high impact projects for the Account Management team internationally.
- Plan, organise, and lead revenue generating Account Managers (>10) across Australia and Japan
- Develop your team into high performing, seller-centric Account Managers
- Work with Square teams (Sales, Product, Marketing) in Australia, Japan and the US
- Represent the Australia and Japan markets globally and act as Account Management contact for Square leadership and partners in Australia and Japan
- Share Australia and Japan team progress, product insights, and seller learnings across Square.
- Develop creative ways to motivate your team to exceed targets (revenue outputs, inputs, customer satisfaction, and operational goals)
- Engage with product teams to be the customer voice, driving SaaS and product sales and collecting insights on product improvement
- Promote the Account Management team's growth internationally especially within the small to medium size business segment
- Ensure your team's achievement of Australia revenue targets and work with AM Operations and senior leadership on quarterly goal setting
- Sales experience (specifically up-selling and cross-selling existing customers) in a metrics-driven, high-growth sales organisation
- People management experience, with experience hiring and developing team members
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with internal Square teams and departments at all levels
- A passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Australia and Japan
- Fluent in Japanese
- Experience in high transaction volume SaaS application or financial services sales
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources