Security Partner, Business Platform Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Our Security Partners identify risks to our ecosystem, determine our product security roadmap, and guide security architecture in collaboration with teams across Square. Security Partners' work is an important input to our security strategy, to our prioritization of security engineering work, and to the protection of our buyers, sellers, and company.
We are looking for a security partner to grow our coverage to our Business Platform Engineering team. This team is focused on empowering Square to understand customer behavior and make informed decisions by providing different avenues to manage and act against hundreds of business entities and how these entities connect across Square's ecosystem. They provide platforms for enabling, scaling, and managing operations so Square customer teams can focus on customer-facing product development and work. You will work with business and engineering leaders to increase our security practices and empower the BPE teams to create solutions that are both remarkable and secure. These solutions cut across shared backend codebase across the company, case management backend, shared frontend codebase, tools and platforms. You will report into our Security Partners Lead.
in this role you will:
- Work with BPE to establish and communicate security and privacy posture that balances risk with growth across programs designed to help Square scale.
- Work with a team of experienced security architects and security engineering teams who partner with product organizations across Square.
- Promote far-reaching programs that address security challenges both directly and through your peers.
- Work with partner teams both inside and outside of our Security organization as you work through security design of operational procedures.
- Foster a security culture within BPE focused on enablement and an understanding of what it takes to develop great products.
- Partner with our Security Program Management Office (PMO) to measure and prioritize security risks to our buyers, sellers, and the company to ensure we're applying our resources to the most pressing concerns, resulting in establishing overall Security strategy and prioritization at Square.
- 7+ years of experience establishing and scaling security practices in modern technology company environments with a combination of risk/compliance operations, Customer Service Operations, marketing/product operations, or engineering operations.
- Experience with threat modeling and design reviews for Security.
- Experience in Identity Access Management and governance.
- Broad knowledge of security challenges and mitigations, exposure to compliance engineering and regulatory processes, and empathy for the difficulties of product development.
- Ability to influence executive leadership, and to communicate with audiences at every level and in every role within the company.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources