Senior iOS Software Engineer, Seller
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are taking a fresh look at this industry and building a modern product ecosystem that capitalizes on the themes of efficiency and automations – which are becoming the cornerstones of the new breed of hospitality tools. We’re addressing the needs of our seller customers in this dynamic landscape with iOS, Android, and Web-based software that integrates with our hardware, all backed by reliable services.
As a software engineer on the Seller team, you will help build products that clients use to run their businesses.
- Create beautiful, unique products which allow anyone to run a business
- Ship reliable software through integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Partner collaboratively with experienced designers, product managers, and engineers; both on our team and with our friends on other teams
- Natural curiosity and a desire to build beautiful intuitive products for our customers
- Experience developing reliable, elegant apps and products
- Designed apps with your teammates and with other teams and offices
- Experience developing iOS applications
- Experience shipping and improving products
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift and Objective-C
- Core Data
- Service APIs and Protocol Buffers
- Hardware Integration
- Metrics, monitoring, and alerting with a variety of internal and external tools
- And much, much more. Square is a great place to learn all kinds of technology!
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources