Cloud Application Engineer, Cash
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
At Square, IT is building an outstanding platform of services. Our goal is to choose the best tools available to help Squares collaborate, design, build, and grow. Our customers constitute a diverse and geographically distributed workforce, and so our service platform must be available wherever it's needed.
As a Cloud Application Engineer, you will be the primary service owner for SaaS application tools in our service platform. You will work with customers to ensure their experience on the platform is frictionless and productive. You will help keep Square aligned with best-practices and the latest features as you engage with vendors.
- Oversee and grow a platform of cloud-based services. Ensure Square IT provides excellent services to its customers.
- Build deeper integration between services and create scalable automation by using APIs or writing new code
- Work with teams across Square to identify productivity needs and help pair them with solutions.
- Develop a road map for the SaaS platform.
- Provide communication on changes to the SaaS platform.
- Design automation to maintain a low operational overhead.
- Operate and build partnerships with teams throughout Square to build remarkable solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with application development
- Experience providing amazing services and operating enterprise environments at scale.
- Passion and understanding of technology and your customer.
- Experience with G-Suite, Slack Grid, BOX, BetterCloud,
- MDM, IDP.
- Proficiency in Python, NodeJS, Shell scripting, and experience working with REST API
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources