Referral Partnerships Lead
- United States, United States, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option with Square Online, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
At Square, the Referral Partnerships team manages the end-to-end strategy and program management of partners that recommend and refer Square solutions to sellers. The Head of Referral Partnerships role leads a team to develop strategies to sign and scale referral partnerships. You will become an expert on how Square solutions like Square for Retail, Square for Restaurant, Square Online, and other solutions that can enhance the way partners help sellers be more successful. You will work with Square's Product teams to align go-to-market activities with partners.
This is a high impact role on the Partnerships team, and you will have a good mix of abilities including: aligning incentives to create a positive partner and seller experience to empathize and understand how partners work with sellers, and a desire to achieve growth in our business.
- Lead the referral partnership strategy and execution, including business development, partner management, and program operations
- Manage success metrics for the program and team
- Lead cross-functional projects to fruition. Work with teams across Product, Engineering, Sales, Seller Support, and Legal teams to identify and pursue potential partners Operate independently, being both a visionary and team lead that inspires excellence
- 8+ years strategic business, product, and/or partnerships experience, including 3+ years of experience building growth-focused teams
- A compelling and inspired vision and sense of common purpose, with a willingness to look beyond what's possible today
- Built successful relationships with external parties; worked with business owners and executives to explore new opportunities
- Managed projects with multiple stakeholders; set clear milestones and held people (and self) accountable to goals
- Track record evaluating opportunities from a strategic, brand, financial, and operational lens
- Experience working with or for companies that focus on selling commerce solutions, including payments, SaaS tools, eCommerce, and other B2B commerce technology
- BA/BS degree
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources