Senior Security Software Engineer, Identity and Access Management
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a Security Software Engineer on IAM, the services you design and build will protect Square’s most valuable assets and provide a great user experience to authorized Square employees around the world. In this role, you will work with many teams across the company, including other teams within security, as well as platform engineering, IT, and Data Security Governance.
On the IAM team we strive to provide engineering solutions and access control experiences which balance the practical challenges of compliance with our high bar for security. We believe in the zero trust security model, and are always looking for ways to improve our access control platforms. An example of how we put this into practice: our team built Square’s implementation of BeyondCorp, which has been instrumental in Square’s seamless transition to working from home.
- Design, develop, and own zero trust authentication and authorization platforms for Square’s evolving corporate and production landscapes.
- Scale your impact through building access control primitives that engineering teams across the company can leverage in their systems to improve their security posture
- Lead multi-person projects and across engineering teams and stakeholders that reduce access risk
- Contribute to our internal web application that enables users across the company to understand and manage their access.
- Contribute to the monitoring and stability of our team’s existing engineering solutions.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to level up your teammates.
- Work in any Square office location, or work remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
- Demonstrated success architecting and building secure systems with broad company impact
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- A high bar for writing scalable, robust, and testable code
- A strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Familiarity with BeyondCorp concepts and implementations.
- Experience breaking secure systems
- Experience with service mesh architectures and/or Envoy
Technologies we use and teach:
- Linux/ Unix Security
- Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources