Boost Business Development and Sales Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Partnerships and Sales team leads commercialization for Cash App's latest and scaling business lines. Our team develops Cash App's go-to-market strategy, forms relationships with the largest brands in the world, with an eye towards optimizing value for Cash App's business as a whole. As Cash App progresses toward becoming the leading global digital bank, we're looking for a Partnerships and Sales leader who can accelerate growth across products and verticals.
The Business Development and Sales Lead will run the commercial development of the Boost Rewards Program, an essential part of Cash App's customer acquisition and retention strategies. Boost is a one-of-a-kind rewards and advertising platform that provides our partners a cost-effective means of achieving measurable growth goals. You will partner with our executive leadership team and other business leaders to turn Cash Card into the most sought-after payment card in the U.S. You'll work directly with Cash App's Business team and work with colleagues in Product, Analytics, Engineering, Design, Marketing and Legal. You will drive strategy for programs essential to Cash App's success, innovate at the cutting edge of payments and marketing, and have a massive impact on Cash App's core business.
- Commercialize Boost: Take ownership of Boost revenue. Drive incremental revenue for Cash App through a robust sales program, positioning the program to meet goals and deliver outstanding value to both users and partners.
- Oversee our merchant relationship: Design partnerships programs that both achieve our goals and meet our merchant partners' goals. Manage and optimize strategic relationships with our portfolio of partners.
- Develop strategy: Create our Boost go-to-market, growth, and sales strategy to maximize revenue while maintaining the quality of our Boost program.
- Build teams: Lead Cash App's sales and sales operations teams from the ground up. Inspire your team and peers to achieve your goals.
- Sell: Develop and deliver powerful sales pitches that educate prospective partners of Cash App's value props. Communicate with senior decision makers at the largest brands in the world.
- Create tools: Collaborate to refine our measurement capabilities and develop a robust partner-facing toolkit. Build internal processes to meet our partners' needs.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives: Establish yourself as the go-to commercial voice for Boost. Provide critical market feedback to improve our product. Make improvements that lead to a better customer experience.
- 10+ years of business development, sales, or P&L ownership experience including time in a leadership role, in a technology or financial services company. You have a demonstrated track record of success.
- Understanding of the end-to-end commercial lifecycle including experience building sales and sales operations processes and evolving programs to optimize for revenue growth and scalability over time.
- Experience coaching and motivating teams. Proven ability to build relationships with C-suite executives and navigate customer organizations to both identify internal champions and influence the right decision makers.
- You have deep experience with commercial contracts and negotiations. A scrappy and humble mindset. You roll up your sleeves to get deals over the finish line.
- Adept problem solving skills. You're a strategic thinker who comes armed to partner conversations with the right data and analysis to strengthen your argument.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You're a remarkable presenter.
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful business problems and build outstanding products and sales programs.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.