Senior Software Engineer - Growth/Acquisition
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 30 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system
As a Cash Growth engineer, you'll be responsible for bringing millions of new users to the app. You'll build systems for acquisition, onboarding, and activation. You'll create great user experiences at scale and conduct experiments to discover what works, deploying to production multiple times a day.
You'll have the opportunity to move into a technical lead role, with responsibility for a team of engineers and the entire lifecycle of new projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience engineering backend systems.
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects.
- Desire to grow into a leadership role.
Technologies We Use and Teach (experience not required):
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.