Senior Software Engineer, Identities
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Atlanta office houses many platform teams at Square. As Square's business continues to experience growth, these teams serve the heart of the business, allowing Square product teams and third parties to build safe, scalable, and reliable products. We are looking for software engineers who feel comfortable in all parts of the stack to join our Atlanta office. Here are some of our teams:
Identities curates a high-quality business profile for each seller and synchronize it across every experience for those who interact with their business.
(2) Omni-channel- Identities is building integrations with other commerce sites such as Google, Yelp, and Facebook so that sellers can control their online presence from one place.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Natural curiosity and a desire to explore solutions in a small and focused team
- Experience pursuing side projects, research, or open source projects
Technologies we use:
- Java, Ruby, Go
- iOS, Android, web
- Guice, Guava, Protocol Buffers, gRPC, jOOQ, Rails
- MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Vertica
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources