Security Partner, Platform and Infrastructure Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Our Security Partners identify risks to our ecosystem, determine our product security roadmap, and guide security architecture in collaboration with teams across Square. Security Partners' work is an important input to our security strategy, to our prioritization of security engineering work, and to the protection of our buyers, sellers, and company.
We are looking for a security partner to grow our coverage to our Platform & Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) team. You will work with business and engineering leaders to scale our security practices and enable the Platform and Infrastructure teams to ship products that are both remarkable and secure.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Platform and Infrastructure teams to establish, communicate, and achieve security and privacy posture that balances risk with growth.
- Work with a team of experienced security architects and security engineering teams who partner with product organizations across Square.
- Drive far-reaching programs that address security challenges both directly and through your peers.
- Work with partner teams both inside and outside of our Security organization to prioritize, design, and deploy mitigations at every level of the stack.
- Foster a security culture within PIE focused on enablement and a deep understanding of what it takes to develop great products.
- Partner with our Security Program Management Office (PMO) to measure and prioritize security risks to our buyers, sellers, and the company to ensure we're applying our resources to the most pressing concerns, resulting in establishing overall Security strategy and prioritization at Square.
- 8+ years of experience establishing and scaling security practices in modern technology company environments with a combination of cloud, SRE, and security.
- Cloud security consulting experience is a must for this role (AWS, GCP, or both).
- You should have at least 3 additional areas of demonstrated experience from the list below:
- Network concepts, devices, and protocols
- Docker and container security
- Linux/Unix security
- CI/CD security
- Logging/monitoring technologies
- Data warehousing
- Experience with threat modeling and conducting design reviews.
- Ability to influence executive leadership, infrastructure engineering managers, and individual engineers; ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences at every level and in every role within the company.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources