Global Product Marketing Lead, Square for Retail
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
We are looking for a creative, data-driven leader to join Square as our Product Marketing Lead working with the Square for Retail team. Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Marketing Lead will design and execute marketing strategies in all current markets, launch new markets, work with the product team to identify new product opportunities, lead go-to-market activities for new products, and provide feedback about our products to the team.
We are looking for someone to build and manage the Product Marketing team for the Square for Retail product organization. This is a leadership role with global responsibility. This PMM team drives our growth by informing product strategy, defining marketing and full-funnel growth strategies, and working with multiple teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time. You'll help guide our product marketing strategy, and developing the team to accomplish our business goals.
- A Team Builder: you will build and inspire an outstanding product marketing team, and lead PMMs in developing go-to-market strategies across our products.
- A Marketing and Growth Expert: you have deep experience across a broad variety of marketing disciplines, delivering growth through organic, paid and lifecycle marketing programs.
- A Strategic Thinker: you can identify and assess new opportunities for business growth, partner on product strategy, and weigh the complexities and tradeoffs inherent in marketing a global portfolio of products.
- A Collaborator: you are comfortable navigating a complex, matrixed organization to get work done, and are adept at building strong relationships across our company.
- An Innovation Driver: you are constantly motivating yourself and your team to take principled risks and to try creative ideas to achieve step-change growth.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Typically 10+ years of marketing or related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 8+ years with a Master's degree
- Ideally 7+ years in product marketing, growth, or other analytical role
- Previous background in B2C and B2B marketing, preferably with experience in consumer technologies, early stage startups, or high growth SaaS
- People management experience with an experience building out teams
- Extensive knowledge of email and paid marketing for both acquisition as well as lifecycle marketing
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping small businesses (ideally Retail!) succeed
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources