Senior Product Marketing Manager, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We're looking for a strategic, and experienced marketer to lead marketing for our rapidly growing lending products within Square Capital.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager champions the voice of the customer when developing and marketing our products. You will ensure that the right customers are getting the right message, about the right products for them, through the right channels, at the right time. You will partner throughout the company with teams like Product, Engineering, Data Science, Sales, Customer Success, and Creative to take our lending products to the next level. You will also directly manage a team.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will also showcase an understanding of product strategy, branding, B2B marketing, cross-channel acquisition (paid and unpaid), sales enablement, and experience with cross-functional coordination. You should also have exceptional leadership, analytical, and communication skills.
- Identify our target audience and segment the population
- Have a deep empathy for our customers' pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and develop solutions to meet those needs. Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- Work with product managers, engineers, creative, data scientists, marketing analysts, and other team leads to identify impactful product opportunities and prioritize efforts
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, essential messaging, marketing channels, and budgets - across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Oversee the metrics. Work with our Data Science team to report out on Goals, measure performance, and identify optimization opportunities
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to create a holistic approach to sales training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement
- Work with our designers and copywriters to develop compelling, and creative marketing collateral across channels
- Develop and execute upon strategic quarterly marketing plans for sustained product growth
- Support cross-functional marketing team projects
- BA/BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional experience
- 4+ years working in a marketing capacity. Preference for experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches.
- Strong quantitative ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Previous background in B2B marketing
- Experience in FinTech, lending, or financial services a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources