CSIRT Signals Developer and Data Scientist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Square Security team works to ensure the security of every transaction from dip to receipt and beyond. We strive to provide a secure environment that allows Square to build world-class products for both customers and employees. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Square is simple, secure, and safe.
The Detection and Response Engineering team contributes to the overall mission through systems hardening, intrusion detection and incident response. We are an engineering focused team and prioritize our work using an attack-driven defensive approach to prioritize our preventive controls, detective controls, and response program based on real world attacker behaviors. We automate the detection of, and response to, attack techniques, proactively hunt for threats in the environment and are responsible for incident response. Additionally, we provide subject matter expertise to infrastructure and product teams to create and enforce policies that strive to harden our assets from attacks and improve our ability to generate strong signals. As a Signals Development Data Scientist,
- Analyze Square environments, improve the quality of security and operations data, and derive meaningful insights from existing and future telemetry sources.
- Lead the team’s effort behind cost and performance optimization of BigQuery interactions.
- Design data-normalization techniques for various types of ingested data.
- Develop multi-source data correlations.
- Engage with Square’s Signals Development team to design, create, deploy, and tune detections.
- Collaborate with Square’s Detection and Response Security Engineering team to tune and extend its security data pipeline and event integration services.
- 5+ years of related experience in one or more of the following: analyzing complex security datasets, developing ETL pipelines, detecting and responding to security threats.
- Strong SQL and ETL pipeline knowledge.
- Strong security knowledge of several of the following domains: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Linux, macOS, Network telemetry, Endpoint telemetry, Docker, Kubernetes, and Distributed Systems.
- Ability to work independently and lead projects and initiatives.
- Development experience in at least one programming language (i.e. Ruby, Python, Unix shell).
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources