Technical Lead, Cash App
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple single purpose product to the world's most dynamic money app, with over 30 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers, we've held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We sometimes even steal the overall #1 spot from the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today's financial system.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a technical lead of the Consumer Banking engineering team, you will lead the technical design, execution, and delivery of new banking experiences that our customers depend on every day, through close collaboration across teams and disciplines. In addition, you'll guide architectural decisions and infrastructure improvements to make our systems more robust and scalable. The things that you build will create significant impact at scale and will fundamentally change the consumer banking landscape.
As a member of the team, you’ll:
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to scope, design, and build new features and maintain existing functionality of banking features
- Lead and participate in important technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the company
- Design systems to work within our microservice and event-driven architectures
- Hold your teammates—and yourself—to high engineering standards
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience leading small engineering teams to plan and execute the delivery projects on time while maintaining a high-quality bar
- Desire to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- The ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- A strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, and Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.