Business Development Representative
- Atlanta, GA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for high-energy, motivated professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of this sales effort through identifying prospective sellers and promoting the value of Square for their business. As a Business Development Representative, you will work with our Sales team to find new merchants that fit the Square ecosystem.
As the first line of contact, you understand the diverse needs of our merchants. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to grow with the Square ecosystem. You will use your convincing personality and passion for winning to improve the standard of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass onto the Account Executive team. You will use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling at scale.
- Source businesses within Square's ideal customer profile across a variety of business sizes and markets
- Manage a diverse pipeline of businesses and prioritize outreach to accelerate sales cycles
- Reach out to businesses in your pipeline at scale through cold calling, emailing and social selling
- Promote urgency through a solutions-based sales approach, identifying challenges with businesses and providing targeted value around how Square can help
- Partner directly with Account Executives to identify winning strategies for outbound prospecting
- Grow your career in sales through frequent developmental opportunities and mentorship from the Account Executive team
- Consistently attain and exceed your monthly quotas
- A desire to grow your career in sales
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Personal leadership, authenticity, team player, energy richness, curiosity
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through cold calling
- Comfort with operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources