Head of Corporate Development
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Would you like to work at a company that is at the bleeding edge of creating a better, faster, fairer economic system for small businesses and consumers? That's corporate development at Square. By joining our team, you can help accelerate the efforts of product teams at Square that are disrupting payments, banking, consumer finance, eCommerce, lending, software, and cryptocurrencies (that's just the list today, if you are on our team, you can help decide what we go after next!).
The Corporate Development team works across Square to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into the company through acquisitions. The team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions, as well as informing the company's strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Square. You will report to the CFO, work with senior leaders across Square and across the landscape, and will manage all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process.
- Partner with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Square's mission
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior executives from startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay up-to-date with competitive landscape
- Drive the overall corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Build and lead a team to grow with Square
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding companies and potential acquisitions
- Lead deal negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional product, engineering, and functional teams to evaluate targets
Successful corporate development professionals have many different backgrounds and experiences. We are looking for someone who can be a senior member of our Square team, run transactions independently, and is passionate about changing how the whole world interacts with money. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources