Senior Android Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
- Position open to remote: Yes
Within Square’s Seller team, we value (and practice) deep collaboration between teams and disciplines. You’ll work with engineers across the organization to implement solutions to problems with direct impact on our customers. You’ll work regularly with product managers and designers to ensure we’re shipping the right things to our sellers and iterating based on their feedback.
Working within Seller Android is a unique opportunity in the mobile industry – you’ll get to work in one of the largest most established mobile ecosystems in existence – learning a lot from our team of 100+ Android engineers in the process.
Square Point of Sale
The Square Point of Sale team owns Square’s flagship product. When you go into a coffee shop and sign with your finger on an iPad or Square Register, you’re using Square Point of Sale. We have the privilege of building tools that help millions of sellers do their job every day.
The Point of Sale team team focuses on building features that work for sellers of all sizes and business types – from the plumber down the street, to your local flower shop, to the multi-store coffee shop with 10s or even 100s of employees. The hardware that Point of Sale runs on is designed to match this diversity – our features work on everything from an iPhone up to our own Square Register hardware, and everything in between.
As an engineer on the Point of Sale team you’ll be working closely with Squares from many disciplines on a regular basis: Your product manager to help define the team roadmap and features, your designer to get every pixel and interaction just right, to engineers outside of your team and org to help them ship their features, or to finish shipping yours.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Leveling & Promotions:
Square has a robust program in place to ensure that as an engineer you’re always learning, growing, and increasing your impact within the company – regardless of if you’re a new college graduate, or a senior engineer with 10+ years of experience. If you want to learn more, check out this post on our engineering blog.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources