Product Marketing Manager - eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy discussions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products and to guide growth and usage of the various products within the overall portfolio. We are looking for creative, data-driven marketers to join Square.
Square's eCommerce team has seen extraordinary growth as more and more businesses rely on online channels to grow and operate. As a PMM for the Square eCommerce team, you will focus on the core Square Online product (formally Square Online Store) and you'll play a critical role in executing growth and marketing strategies to help increase seller processing revenue online and overall feature adoption within the restaurant vertical. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging. You will report to Senior PMM from the E-Commerce team.
- Advise product management on seller insights to improve product roadmap for Square Online's growth and buyer experience features for restaurants.
- Lead the ongoing GTM and marketing strategy for Square Online's growth in the restaurant vertical. Partner with SEO and content marketing to develop content for existing sellers and prospects around Square Online's branding and buyer experience features
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to improve product growth and retention
- Inform pricing and packaging strategy for new features. Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and feedback from account management, sales and customer success teams.
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns for Square Online
- Track marketing program performance through continuous testing
- Review offerings and drive ongoing differentiation
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar GTM Background in B2B2C with experience delivering growth in SMB tech, restaurant industry experience nice to have
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources