Capital Markets Senior Associate, Square Capital
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $7.8 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
About the team
As a member of the Capital Markets team, you'll report to the Head of Capital Markets. You will help support the strategic planning and capital markets needs of the business. You will source new institutional investors, managing the relationships with existing investors and their vendors, and designing new structures to help fund the business's loan portfolio. You will not only support the continued expansion of Square Capital, a business that's facilitated over $7.8Bn to 420K+ small businesses, but will also help build Square Financial Services, Square's de novo bank.
- Manage relationships with existing external investors and their vendors
- Lead diligence processes to help investors and their financing counterparties understand Square Capital's business
- Identify and establish relationships with new investors
- Design, document, and communicate new external fundraising structures and strategies
- Attend relevant conferences and maintain relationships with industry participants
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to develop new and improve existing bank and lending products
- Maintain and own policies, operational procedures and risk oversight
- Work with data team to understand loan performance metrics
- Support initiatives to build and operate Square's de novo bank
- Contribute to Square Capital's growth strategy, product roadmap, and performance tracking
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function.
A Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field; MBA is a plus
6+ years of relevant industry experience with institutional sales, debt capital markets, structured finance, and/or investor relations
Experience with the lending and fin-tech industry
Experience negotiating and closing loan sales agreements and warehouse lending agreements
A passion for Square and new technology
Experience with structured fundraising deals
Experience with SQL or Python
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources