Compliance Policy Manager, Square Financial Services
- Holladay, UT
We are looking for a Compliance Policy Manager who will manage the drafting and maintaining of compliance policies and procedures that support Square Financial Services. You will be responsible for the Bank's Policy Management System and work with Compliance, Legal, and business units to ensure that compliance policies and procedures comply with applicable laws, regulatory, and business requirements. Additionally, you will oversee policy requests related to independent program assessments, exams, and audits. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Develop and implement a bank policy management framework
- Manage all bank compliance policies for laws and implementing regulations such as CRA, ECOA, EFTA, FACTA, FCRA, GLBA, SCRA, TILA, and TISA.
- Stay current on regulatory and product changes and maintain policies and procedures to ensure all applicable legal, regulatory, and business requirements are addressed.
- Manage the Bank's Policy Management System, including serving as an expert for the system and performing any user acceptance testing relating to system upgrades or enhancements.
- Research relevant laws and regulations to provide regulatory guidance and interpretation.
- Communicate complex legal and regulatory concepts in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Assist the Compliance team in preparing for program assessments, audits, or exams and the implementation of any remediation items.
- Leverage project management to iterate and implement the Compliance team's policy and procedure program.
- Ensure all policies are aligned with the appropriate approving body and scheduled for ongoing submission to review and approval by the Bank's Board or appropriate committee.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in compliance policy management and administration in one of the following areas: commercial banking, consumer protection laws, or commercial/consumer lending
- Familiarity with compliance management concepts (e.g., COSO, 3 Lines of Defense)
- Experience developing and implementing new policies, strategies, and work processes across multiple operational units and business affiliates
- Ability to understand and communicate legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical business requirements
- Excellent oral and technical writing skills
*Must be located in Utah or have a desire to relocate to Utah*
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources