Global Mobility Specialist
- Oakland, CA
- Employees can work remotely
As Global Mobility Specialist you will be the central contact to manage international and domestic relocation cases. You will work with partners, including Recruiting, HR Business Partners, Payroll, Stock Administration, Corporate Tax and HR Operations to ensure the seamless management of transfer and relocation cases at Square. You will be the primary contact for mobile Squares, and manage several vendors to ensure our Squares receive a superior employee experience. You will crosstrain with other members of the team to ensure coverage due to high volumes or back up coverage. You will be part of a team as we build the Global Mobility Function at Square.
- Manage Global Mobility Caseload, including:
- Domestic & International Relocation cases - Case management using Global Mobility software; assist with consultations with employee, manager, HRBP, and recruiter on relocation, immigration and tax benefits; manage tax and relocation vendor cases; process exception requests; conduct post-arrival check-ins.
- Domestic & International Transfer - Case management using Global Mobility software; consult with employee, manager, HRBP, and recruiter on relocation, immigration and tax benefits; prepare cost projections; manage pre-decision tax services; manage transfer letter process; vendor management; process exception requests; assist with special equity tax requests; manage Workday workflow; conduct post-arrival check-ins.
- Temporary Assignment cases - Case management using ; consult with employee, manager, HRBP, and recruiter on relocation and tax benefits; prepare cost projections; manage transfer letter process; vendor management; process exception requests; assist with special equity tax requests; manage Workday workflow; conduct post-arrival check-ins; perform check-ins while ‘On Assignment’; consult with employee, manager, HRBP on repatriation process; repatriation vendor management; manage Workday repatriation workflow.
- Assist Global Mobility Lead with:
- Relocation and Tax Program Management - Maintenance of internal Wiki pages and public Google Folders; maintenance of process workflows; compile program metrics; business and executive travel support.
- Compliance - Help compile US annual tax reports; International tax year-end reporting; assist Mobility Lead with UK PD11 reporting and Ireland stock grant calculations; assist with monthly US tax gross up process for relocation and immigration cost reporting.
- Vendor and supplier management.
- Global Mobility System Administration - Assist with new user setup; org structure updates; lookup table maintenance; and interface management
- Cross-Train with Immigration Team - Provide vacation coverage and cover immigration cases, due to increased volume.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years experience working with a corporate mobility program, that included relocation and tax services
- Customer-service focus
- Articulate and professional correspondence and creating and keeping deadlines
- Efficient productivity and can handle employee confidential information
- research, assess facts, and determine their impact to the business
- Familiarity with Workday, Google Suite/MS Office, and Equus Software a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources