Director of Internal Audit
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square POS, Square Stand and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for a Director of Internal Audit. You will report to the Head of Global Internal Audits and partner with the Technology Audit Director in developing our Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program. You will also help develop longer term strategies for Square's internal audit department, including expansion of the enterprise risk management (ERM) function, establishing a formal risk-based operational audit methodology, and supporting multiple regulatory compliance requirements.
You will work with all levels of the organization, including with members of the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) Board. Additionally, you will manage Internal Audit's external partners (external auditors, outsourcing partners, control owners) who assist us with SOX testing.
- Lead the Business Process (non-IT) audit team (covering global responsibilities for SOX compliance, including managing Square's co-source partner, and the annual anti-money laundering/Bank Secrecy Act audit program)
- Promote collaborative relationships with important partners
- Partner with the Global Internal Audit Lead and Technology Audit Lead to expand Square's ERM program and develop a global risk-based operational audit methodology
- Ensure governance and risk management processes through development of risk assessments and audit plans
- Organize and support regulatory compliance and audits
- Lead essential aspects of the Internal Audit strategy and important programs, represent the Internal Audit department on interdepartmental teams
- As an important member of the Audit Leadership Team, provide strategic direction and expertise in audit approach and execution
- Drive delivery of internal audit plan following established methodology and agreed quality standards while meeting key performance indicators
- Lead a team
- 10+ years in expanding leadership roles with experience managing teams with relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are important to the management of the business
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; Big 4 firm experience highly preferred.
- Experience with technical accounting, SOX/audit methodologies, and risk management within a complex, technology, financial services or regulated business
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.) is preferred
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources