Product Manager, Prices and Fees
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We are looking for a product manager for Payment Pricing and Fees -- a cornerstone of the Square platform and the products built on top of it. Last year, our platform processed more than $100Bn in payments volume across all Square products. Developers in and outside of Square are looking for increasingly sophisticated ways to price their products. Products built atop this platform use your fees APIs and pricing engines to generate revenue while ensuring sellers are priced fairly and squarely.
As a product manager for Payments Pricing, you will lead the direction of your product by setting vision/strategy and partnering with the engineering managers of your sprint teams to drive execution.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution. Make smart trade-offs between growth and optimization.
- Deeply understand your customer’s needs and their jobs to be done. Synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap, and define and improve key metrics
- Ensure your cross-functional team has a strong understanding and empathy with their customers.
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- Collaborate with engineers, product marketers, analysts, designers, and writers to build the product experience
- Communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders, partners and internal teams
- Represent the team with cross-functional partners and senior company leaders
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Deep understanding and empathy for our sellers and the developers who serve them
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
- System thinking mindset, technical background and passion
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Desire to lead, the ability to drive product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, desire to build the right thing
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources