Community Reinvestment Act Officer
- Holladay, UT
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
About Square Financial Services ("SFS" or "The Bank")
From day one, we've aimed to create economic empowerment for all businesses. We're now taking the next step by creating banking specifically for small businesses. Our bank is expected to launch in 2021, offering small business loans and deposit products. You’ll be on the forefront of creating a bank that allows for all businesses to thrive. We can’t wait to see your ideas come to life.
As the Community Reinvestment Officer ('CRA Officer") you will report directly to the CEO and will represent the bank to work with community development partners, internal Square partners and regulators observing the bank's strategy and operating budgets. You will explore and implement efforts outside of traditional CRA activities to support the bank's mission of economic empowerment. You will update executive management, management committees, Board CRA committee and the Board on CRA matters. You will be focused on the unique facets of a startup bank including bank exam and related regulatory interactions, and execution and other de novo implications such as policy and procedural development.
- You will work with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Compliance Officer in achieving organizational vision and CRA operational strategy to support the bank's commitment to economic empowerment.
- You will implement and oversee the bank's CRA Program to ensure all stated goals are met. Fully document the CRA progress, programs and reporting in preparation for internal and regulatory reporting purposes.
- You will implement opportunities to provide CRA qualified loans, investments, and services.
- You will assess the community needs and bank's assessment area and develop creative programs and recommendations to serve the needs of the LMI community.
- You will translate strategy into goals for performance and growth implementing goal setting, performance management, and annual CRA operating planning.
- You will analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- You will both develop CRA reporting to deliver to senior management and the board to understand affiliate service level standard performance and CRA program goal performance.
- You will educate bank staff about CRA responsibilities and opportunities to perform activities that enhance the Bank's CRA program.
You have 5+ years experience in CRA, with Strategic Plan regulatory experience.
You have in-depth experience in CRA Strategic Plans, Community Development
You have banking and regulatory relations experience
You have experience in strategic planning and business development, technical knowledge that includes compliance experience, data analysis/Goals, budgeting, technical writing, policy and program development
You have a strong interest in the SLC market and the developing LMI needs and opportunities
You are respected in the non-profit, bank trade associations, and business community
You have a bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Finance, or equivalent related experience. Even better if you have an advanced degree and relevant certifications.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources