Bank Partner Program Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Product and Program Compliance team works across the organization to create Compliance strategies that promote the global launch and growth of Cash App products. These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems. Cash App is looking for a Bank Partner Program Manager to help guide the creativity of Cash App products, by providing subject-matter expertise in banking, payments and card network compliance.
You will report to Square's Compliance organization, managing compliance oversight programs. You will be the program manager for all of Cash App's bank partner relationships domestic and international, and will lead different Compliance projects. This role is crucial to the Cash App ecosystem and compliance teams, as it ensures we and our products remain in compliance with our bank partner requirements.
- Manage the bank partner compliance oversight program
- Communicate with teams across Square and bank partners
- Manage feed-back loop between Cash compliance and bank partner compliance teams
- Manage third-party audits, regulatory exams, and ad-hoc inquiries
- Consolidate bank partner compliance requirements into a standardized program
- Advise partners on bank partner product details, compliance requirements, and terms of service
- Establish Compliance program requirements across several products and markets based on bank partner program
- Advise on new bank partner contracts regarding compliance requirements
- Participate in bank partner risk and compliance meetings
- Manage bank partner compliance escalations and reporting
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, and results to all relevant partners
- Evaluate partnership requirements and advocate for Square's best interests
- Design all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and developments in the applicable industries
- 5+ years in the compliance industry, ideally with experience in banking and FinTech
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Operational knowledge in building a sound Compliance program
- Experience in payment regulations and scheme rules, banking and finance laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Prepaid Access Rules, Cryptocurrency, ACH, Wire transfer, SWIFT and SEPA systems
- Experience partnering across all teams and levels
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources