Regulatory Program Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to accept card payments. Square made taking card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal Square Online Store, Square for Restaurants, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
You will help improve the compliance program for the Cash App product in the UK and Ireland. Cash App is a huge opportunity for Square and you will manage the implementation and oversight of the compliance program using Square's outstanding technologies and Regtech approach. You will report to the MLRO and Chief Compliance Officer for the EU & UK and you will have ample opportunity to grow in your career and will experience a financial services company dedicated to economic empowerment.
- Help assess risks of the Cash App business, reviewing transaction files, assessing alert escalations, recommending SARs for filing, reviewing possible PEP Sanctions matches.
- Critically assess queues and program processes for efficacy, to include input into the calibration of queues
- Help develop and implement AML policies and procedures and providing guidance to the Business in the development of their controls to avoid regulatory risk (AML and non-AML) in relation to Cash App
- Help with the development of a compliance risk register and control inventory
- Regular input to workshops relating to new Cash App products and product launches into new EU regions, providing guidance on local regulations
- Attend and be the Compliance representative at product oversight and governance meetings, to include meetings to discuss Product Programme, the Compliance Programme, business updates, any Compliance issues, Product and Market risks, amongst others, metrics and trends
- Manage the oversight and monitoring of outsourced compliance activity, tracking and reporting on operation deliverables being met against established Service Level Agreements and any risks arising. This may include the development of KPIs and KRIs.
- Provide guidance to outsourced functions to ensure they are operating in a manner consistent with the regulations, industry standards and Square's expectations
- Train face-to-face and by video conference and assisting in recruitment of team members
- Work with Cash App Product, Product Compliance, Customer Success Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- 3+ years compliance experience in a payments environment
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Transaction monitoring experience desirable
- Experience in an account analysis role, with an inquisitive and detective-like mentality
- Experience with data visualisation tools, e.g. Looker
- Familiarity with internet search tools and techniques
- Top-notch work ethics
- Bonus: A passion for data analysis, including experience working with JIRA and knowledge of SQL to help pull data from varied sources and help create a 'data-rich' customer view
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to work in Ireland.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources