Risk Operations Disputes Specialist, Cash App
- Portland, OR
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App knows that great customer support is provided by both people and products. We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual dedicated to providing world-class support by exceeding expectations through each interaction with Cash App customers.
In this role, you will work with customers to assist them through challenging risk experiences, a critical moment for Cash App and our customers. You will educate customers on risk issues and actions centered around Cash App transactions with a primary focus on high-risk transactions. You will be empowered to assist customers by leveraging strong de-escalation skills and leaning on high-performing team members to ensure correct decisions are made and our customers feel supported.
Risk Operations services Cash App and its customers from onboarding, through real-time transaction monitoring, to dispute processing and also maintain internal and external relationships with key service providers.
- Expectations of 50-60 Customer Cases resolved a day
- Cases addressed within 10 business day SLA for all queues
- Weekly Quality Assurance maintaining or exceeding 90
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Cash App customers and internal partner teams with risk related inquiries, including customer on-boarding, account reviews, fraudulent and other high-risk activity, account takeovers, and disputes
- Conduct customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) to ensure authenticity, completeness, and accuracy of information and documentation provided by customer
- General knowledge of banking and alternative payment channel operating rules
- Investigate dispute claims and ensure compliance with Regulation E with respect to the time frames that govern disputed transactions
- Understand charge-offs involving fraudulent activity and provide resolution to prevent future cases
- Investigate fraud notifications to protect the institution from high-risk activity related losses and improve customer experience
- Collaborate and escalate complex cases with team members for guidance/assistance as appropriate
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact
- Effectively manage cases and communication using Salesforce Service Cloud
- Utilize strong de-escalation skills to assist customers in need
- Meet or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines
- Establish and ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced customer satisfaction
- Understand bank operations, industry trends & best practices, and the rules and regulations that drive the fintech industry
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 7pm
- (1+ year) in direct customer communication via phone and email; financial services or banking industry experience is a plus
- The ability to quickly adapt to new situations and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- A desire for self-improvement of skills through direct leadership and peer feedback
- A passion for engaging with Cash App customers and being a Voice of the Customer
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible with schedule and have the ability to work non-traditional shifts, including evenings and weekends, as well as some holidays based on business needs.
- College degree or relevant experience preferred
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.