Materials Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Square Hardware team is looking for a full-time employee to join the Materials Program Management team. You will report to the Materials Program Manager lead and work with internal teams and external partners to manage materials for hardware programs starting from development and into mass production. As a MPM, you will plan material via clear to build (CTB) as well as manage inventory across the supply chain. You will also work with the cross functional team to drive new product material readiness via risk release and drive E&O analysis and projections for hardware programs that are going end of life (EOL). This role also requires a close working relationship with Operations Programs Managers (OPM) and Global Supply Managers (GSM) to ensure goals are met.
Role Location:We want employees to be able to reside where they feel most creative and productive. Our Factory Operations team works across multiple time zones including Pacific Time, Eastern Time, and China Time.
This role is based in the United States and is open to all U.S-based individuals who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing and adjusting to typical working hours in Pacific Time. This role will also require some travel to China in the future.
- Manage CTB with factories to have visibility into material coverage through visible demand
- Work with Operations Program Managers and Global Sourcing Managers to identify, resolve, and close material issues
- Drive supply allocation when components are short in supply
- Engage with Engineering and GSM teams to kick off material readiness for New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Consolidate risk release data to ensure orders are being placed on time and issues are easily identified
- Coordinate Last Time Buy (LTB) for programs going EOL in order to minimize E&O
- Communicate E&O and liability projections, along with mitigations to reduce E&O exposure
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum 3 years experience in a supply chain or similar operations/materials role.
- Material management experience and skill set, such as CTB, E&O, and Risk Release etc.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, index/match, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources