Compliance Policy, Training & Reporting Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
You will lead Square's Compliance Policy, Training, and Reporting function and report to the Compliance Governance Lead. You will oversee our compliance policy management, training, and board and management reporting functions. You will lead the team in developing a strategy, driving these programs forward, and completing other compliance projects with company-wide impact. You will support Square's compliance vision by working together with other compliance and counsel personnel to guide the compliance program forward, focusing on compliance policy, training, reporting, and related controls.
- Develop the vision for the compliance policy, training, and reporting function.
- Lead a team responsible for managing compliance policy, creating and administering enterprise-wide compliance training, and reporting compliance program status to senior management and the board.
- Coordinate your team's activities with the other functions in Compliance Governance and the broader Compliance organization.
- Research relevant laws and regulations and work with Compliance Governance, Product Compliance Managers, and Legal to provide regulatory guidance and interpretation.
- Communicate complex legal and regulatory concepts in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Provide advice for designing policies, programs, procedures, and other controls.
- Lead and contribute to special projects with importance to Square's compliance program.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in financial services compliance risk management
- 3 or more years of people management experience
- Applied risk management concepts (e.g. COSO, three lines of defense)
- Expertise in one of the following subject-matter areas: BSA/AML/sanctions, consumer lending, consumer protection, or payments
- Experience with international compliance requirements and programs
- Experience developing compliance risk management programs
- Experience developing teams
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CFE)
- Expertise in more than one of the subject-matter areas listed above
- Familiarity with data analytics and visualization platforms
- Experience with GRC tools (e.g. RSA Archer, SAI Global, ZenGRC)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources