Engineering Manager, Hardware and Embedded Security
- San Francisco, CA
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square’s Information Security culture is focused on enabling our engineering teams to build and ship products. We achieve this by designing, building, and deploying state-of-the-art security features alongside our product teams.
Our Hardware and Embedded Security Engineering team defines and solves security problems surrounding Square’s hardware products, including our readers, Square Stand, and custom Android devices like Square Register and Square Terminal. We are looking for a motivated, experienced security engineering leader to lead a talented team of security engineers, and shape the security posture of our hardware products.
- Lead, grow, and evolve a team of talented security engineers to deliver remarkable security solutions for Square’s payment-taking devices
- Represent the team to the rest of Square and industry
- Oversee product security in all areas of device development, from design through firmware/software/service development, and from prototyping through production manufacturing
- Partner closely with Hardware leadership to establish a security roadmap across all hardware products
- Collaborate with Hardware partner teams to align priorities. Define the team’s short-term and long-term project goals, and own the projects’ execution
- Foster a culture of enablement, learning and innovation within the team, balancing security and compliance risk, engineering requirements, and business growth
- 5+ years of demonstrated success hiring, mentoring, and leading high-performing security engineering teams
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience of product security for hardware devices
- Familiarity with the hardware and/or software product development lifecycle. Deep appreciation for what it takes to ship and sustain reliable production software and/or hardware
- Ability to effectively communicate to engineering and product management audiences
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources