Global Brand Marketing Lead
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is looking for a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Brand Marketing lead to report to the Head of Marketing. You will lead a team of brand strategist, brand marketers, brand insights managers and experiential marketers working in concert to achieve Square's brand, product and overall Marketing goals. As a change leader, influencer, and strong brand marketer, you will build a strategic vision, setting the agenda and ensuring strength of plans to achieve both short-term and long-term results. Most importantly, you must model our values and have a passion for developing talent. You will manage a team that runs campaigns that use a variety of owned, earned and paid channels including film, digital, editorial, social, web, events and sponsorships. You will partner with our creative and marketing leadership team to provide go-to-market plans tailored to our specific audience segments. You will analyze and optimize campaign performance and bring new brand GTM tactics into the fold. You will partner closely with our product teams to translate their goals into brand marketing programs that span across all channels, including local and experiential activations. Your work will span across Square's entire ecosystem of solutions.
- Oversee all of Square's brand GTM activities, including brand strategy, insights and marketing programs.
- Analyze and report on the brand competitive landscape.
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors. Translate those insights into marketing strategies.
- Encourage cross-team collaboration and promote integrated strategic plans that shape Square's presence and guide toward brand goals.
- Develop, in partnership with the teams, metrics and measurement solutions that demonstrate the impact of the brand programs.
- Work with the creative team to determine briefs and act as the primary partner in reviewing creative concepts and assets to meet the marketing goals.
- Work with the product, product marketing, creative and other channel marketing managers to build the brand and deepen customer engagement.
- Work with country marketing managers to support international brand growth.
- Oversee the Brand Marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment.
- Work with executive leadership to gain support on brand and marketing strategies.
- Oversee the relationships Square has with our media agencies and several other partners.
- Partner with our creative team to roll out new brand positioning and design systems.
- 15+ years of brand, content and social marketing experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated people leadership and experience coaching and developing passionate team members
- Advertising development experience required
- The ability to manage a portfolio/ make strategic choices to accomplish goals
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- Solid strategic, communication, and execution skills with strong business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with important partners and influence at all levels
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources