Software Engineer, Channels and Fulfillment (Backend)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Channels & Fulfillment team joined Square through the acquisition of Stitch Labs. We are a passionate and occasionally silly team with a bold mission: enable Square sellers to be everywhere buyers are, while intelligently managing the complexity of multi-channel commerce behind the scenes.
Our mission's importance is only amplified by the present state of the world, and we need engineers like you to help us accomplish it. We need to build an industry renowned team known not only for what we build, but for the culture and engineering practices that enabled us to build it.
We are building many integrations to 3rd party systems used by sellers, as well as a platform to power those integrations. The platform is designed to accelerate our future plans, and it's being built with state-of-the-art technologies and event-driven architectural principles.
Square is designed to operate like "an ecosystem of startups" and in many ways our team feels like an early stage startup with a blue ocean in front of us. Anyone joining our team today will have a massive influence on the evolution of our products, tech, and team culture.
- Design, code, and ship features for a new platform to empower sellers to be everywhere their customers are
- Build and test for massive scalability
- Work with state of the art technology and technologists that will create new paradigms for the industry
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and others to achieve remarkable products
- Join a team passionate about test-driven development, documentation, and growth in the craft of software engineering
- Learn from us, and help us learn from you
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience not only writing great code, but also in understanding the struggles faced by users of the products you build
- The ability to embrace periods of ambiguity and be part of the force lighting a path forward for the team
- Areas of specialization but also an interest and openness to contributing across the stack (frontend, backend) to deliver remarkable features
- A lifelong dedication to both learning and mentoring others
Technologies we use and teach:
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources