Commerce Mobile Engineering Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Commerce mobile team is looking for an engineering manager to help us fundamentally change how people use Cash App today. We’re building a whole new way for people to use their money, expanding the reach of the Cash App network, and the person in this position will play a pivotal role in how we shape, deploy, and grow this new area. You will be personally responsible for the growth of the mobile engineers on this team; collaborating with your fellow product, design, and server partners on decisions that will directly impact this product; looking out at new technologies and evaluating how they could positively impact the way our customers interact with Cash App everywhere.
- Manage and grow a team of product-focused mobile engineers.
- Support the building of new, exciting functionality into an application designed to provide concrete value to our customers.
- Own the inception, growth, and maintenance of this new product area.
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with your fellow partners on the team, and with other partners throughout the organization.
- Continue building a world-class team through hiring, coaching, and continued development.
- Experienced in managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback, investing in career growth, and growing teams).
- Focused on the design of products from a customer perspective. We are here to make their lives easier, and want to ensure we’re putting our customers first through every piece of engineering.
- Committed to continuous improvement of yourself, your teammates, and our software.
- Eager to share your own ideas, and open to the ideas of others.
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility frameworks
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
- So much more!
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.