Software Engineer, Identity and Access Management
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
At Square, security is paramount. The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is part of Developers Platform; we write software that mediates access to internal services. As a team, we value correctness, safety, and efficiency. We're looking for a Software Engineer who shares our values.
As a Software Engineer on IAM, you will help build and design the services and infrastructure that control access to both external and internal services at Square.
Our team engineers solutions that allow our business to scale. As such we are building our internal authentication and authorization systems based on a zero-trust network model. This requires building systems that allow us to reliably authenticate users and devices around the world. The services you build will protect Square's most valuable assets.
- Develop authentication and authorization services for Square.
- Work with many teams in multiple locations to provide a secure production environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for IAM services.
- Experience developing web services and APIs.
- Familiarity with secure coding practices, and knowledge of how to harden services against common pitfalls.
- Interest in Information Security.
- 5+ years of related engineering experience.
- Interest in security, but not required
- Full-stack experience, especially knowledge of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, Linux/Unix security.
- Familiarity with Beyond Corp concepts and implementations.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Golang, Java
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources