Seller Communications Lead, EU
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
Square's Seller Communications team communicates to the world how Square empowers entrepreneurs, business owners, and corporations with powerful and elegant tools to help them start, run, grow, and adapt their businesses. As part of Square's investment in global markets, we're looking for a Communications Lead to run communications in the EU for our Seller business. As Seller Communications Lead, you will implement a communications strategy for our ecosystem of products for businesses of all sizes including payments technology, hardware, point of sale software, small business loans, eCommerce tools, and more across Europe. A core part of our global Seller Communications team, you will report to the Global Head of Seller Communications based in California. This position is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Manage communications strategy out of our EU headquarters in Dublin.
- Conceptualise and implement proactive comms initiatives that build awareness of our products, showcase our customers, highlight our technology, and develop the Square brand.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with important company partners, including Product teams, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Content & Digital, and Legal.
- Develop reporter relationships across international, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Handle media briefings, spokespeople training, and prep European Square sellers for media opportunities.
- Create written materials, including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Advocate for Square and develop narratives to resonate with diverse audiences.
- Be the on-the-record spokesperson and collaborate on rapid response issues.
- Relevant leadership experience at either a PR agency, media organisation, or an in-house communications team.
- Experience leading a team and managing a variety of communications scenarios, especially product launches, proactive campaigns, and new market launches.
- Experience building a global communications strategy that uses company announcements, essential spokespeople, and proactive storytelling to create coverage and advance company narratives.
- Media relations skills and examples of creating coverage and managing reactive issues with key national and international publications.
- Affinity for building partnerships with important company partners, including senior leadership.
- A desire to help further our mission of economic empowerment through impactful storytelling.
- Writing and editing skills.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources