Engineering Manager, Square for Retail - Growth Team
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
From the cozy local wine store to the trendy sneaker pop-up, the Retail team at Square is finding new ways to equip retail sellers and their staff with the tools they need to succeed. Our team focuses on helping smaller retailers meet their customers wherever they are: be that in-store, online, or on social/messaging platforms. We’re addressing the desire for clean and minimalist store counters with intuitive yet sophisticated iOS, Android, and Web-based software that integrates seamlessly with our sleek hardware, all backed by highly reliable services.
As Engineering Manager for the Retail Growth team, you'd lead a full-stack team responsible for Retail’s growth over the next year. This includes expanding internationally to support new markets, expanding and building out our onboarding flows, and building new features to ensure we support as many types of businesses as possible, and that our product capably scales from small sellers to larger Retailers. You'll work cross functionally with Product and Design to build features that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to succeed in today’s pandemic-accelerated shift to omni-channel selling.
- Lead your team in creating beautiful, unique products which allow retail sellers to manage increasingly complex business operations while also expanding our product internationally into new markets.
- Oversee the success of your team's product commitments.
- Build systems, services, and product features across multiple platforms that have immediate impact for retail.
- Use your technical expertise to coach and guide your team, and to maintain a high bar.
- Work collaboratively with experienced designers, product managers, and engineers; both on our team and with our friends on other teams.
- Report into a Director of Engineering and engage in product discussions with leaders across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or an equivalent degree), and 8 or more years of professional software development experience.
- Experience leading, managing, and building a team of accomplished software engineers.
- A passion for mentoring engineers and teaching colleagues.
- Empathy for the challenges of retail sellers, and for your colleagues at Square.
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others.
- Demonstrated collaboration with co-workers on other teams and in other locations.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources